A neo-chimp-sized arboreal predator species from the exoplanet Echo IV, blister beasts typically work in small groups. They lurk in the local tree analogs, moving about with impressive leaps and climbing ability. When attacking, they will drop on their prey and inflict a venomous sting or bat them out of the trees with vicious tail paddle strikes. Blister beasts are highly territorial and known to aggressively assault intruders.
Blister beasts evolved the namesake defensive mechanism as a protection from other predators. Their skin is mottled with dozens of pressurized pustules that explosively burst open when they are physically attacked, releasing a spray of noxious neurotoxin goop and a lingering caustic cloud.
Blister beasts can horizontally jump 6 meters (running)/2 meters (standing) and vertically jump 2 meters; +1/0.25/0.25 meters (respectively) per 10 MoS on as Freerunning Test. Any time the blister beast is struck, there is a (40 + DV in icted)% chance that one or more blisters burst and release a neurotoxin cloud (see below).
- Mobility: (Walker 4/20)
- Skills: Climbing 60, Fray 55, Freerunning 50, Infiltration 60, , Perception 40, Scrounging 60, Unarmed Combat 50 (Blister Beast Tail Strike)
- Augmentations: Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced Smell
- Armor: 3 / 5
- Melee Tail Strike (50) DV 2d10 + SOM/10
- Melee Sting (50) DV 1d10 + 5 + SOM/10 -3AP + Payload
- Tail Strike: Struck targets must make a SOM x 3 Test or be knocked down.
- Blister Defense: Any time the blister beast is struck, there is a (40 + DV inflicted)% chance that one or more blisters burst and release a neurotoxin cloud.
- Blister Neurotoxin Cloud: No defense. 5 meter radius effect. Dermal, Inhalation; Onset Time: 1 Action Turn; Duration: 5 Action Turns. Victims take DV 1d10 per Action Turn they remain in the cloud from caustic irritation and blistering and must make a SOM x 3 Test or be blinded for 1 hour. Characters without contained breathing systems like a vacsuit are incapacitated due to choking for 1 minute; success on a SOM x 2 Test negates this, but still inflicts a −20 modifier to all other actions for 1 minute (5 Action Turns with medichines).
- Leap: Blister beasts can horizontally jump 6 meters (running)/2 meters (standing) and vertically jump 2 meters; +1/0.25/0.25 meters (respectively) per 10 MoS on as Freerunning Test.
- Paralytic Sting Toxin: Injected; Onset Time: 1 Action Turn; Duration: 5 Action Turns/1 hour. Victims are paralyzed for 1 hour and take DV 1d10 per Action Turn for 5 Turns. A SOM x 3 Test will negate the paralysis and halve the damage.